[FAM] & [GFA] the Familia fleets in SP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Any other knitters / crocheters out there in FAM?

+3
fishboy
SannaSK
camelama
7 posters

Go down

Any other knitters / crocheters out there in FAM? Empty Any other knitters / crocheters out there in FAM?

Post  camelama Fri May 13, 2011 7:52 pm

I was thinking we should do a KAL/CAL or a "knit something star-piratey" event. Very Happy
camelama
camelama

Back to top Go down

Any other knitters / crocheters out there in FAM? Empty Re: Any other knitters / crocheters out there in FAM?

Post  SannaSK Wed May 18, 2011 10:30 pm

i knit/crochet, but i've barely done anything since Feb... life has just been 100% malfed stressful and i've had no inspiration. all this stash just hanging around... and i bought lots of circs (including like 40" 8s, or maybe 6s) too... and... and...

i haven't logged onto ravelry in aaaaages. i should do that. maybe when life settles down just a little bit more....

SannaSK

Back to top Go down

Any other knitters / crocheters out there in FAM? Empty Re: Any other knitters / crocheters out there in FAM?

Post  fishboy Fri May 20, 2011 6:46 am

I mentioned the [FAM] knitters to Lady Peregrine (herself a keen knitter) and she asked me to pass on the link to the SP knitters thread in the game forums:

http://www.starpirates.net/forums/forum/viewthread.php?forum_id=2&thread_id=21351#post_225944

I, myself, am not a knitter - but have been known to wear a mean scarf Wink

fb

Last edited by fishboy on Sun May 22, 2011 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
fishboy
fishboy

http://www.starpirates.net/profiles.php?id=57646

Back to top Go down

Post  Pagan Sun May 22, 2011 7:30 pm

I knit very occasionally. Learned from my left-handed (me too) Norwegian neighbor lady when I was 11. But I have only made a few pieces (mostly hats) in the 30+ years since. I am slow and like doing cables. Mostly I do not have hands-free down time very much.
Pagan
Pagan
Admin

http://www.starpirates.net/profiles.php?id=58139

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Strongitharm Mon May 23, 2011 7:14 pm

I assume you've met the medium sized bunch of knit-wits in the greater SP community?

Tim Strongitharm

http://www.starpirates.net/profiles.php?id=35097

Back to top Go down

Post  SannaSK Fri Jul 08, 2011 12:40 pm

so, i wonder how we get yarn in space. are there space-sheep on asteroids somewhere? space-goats, so we can get mohair? idrlike mohair tho, all fluff and no substance. SPACE-LLAMAS? for alpacaaaaaa.

space-cotton? for the best comfort and most breathable space-boxers around. space-flax? can you even rett linen in space? it seems like the last thing you'd want to do is encourage decaying and bacteria to grow in a place where all your air is recycled by man-made devices.

what other types of fiber might we come across in space?

SannaSK

Back to top Go down

Post  Fitzghon Sat Jul 23, 2011 1:51 pm

I also knit. I haven't done anything since May though: I find it hard to knit in the summer heat.

Fitzghon

Back to top Go down

Any other knitters / crocheters out there in FAM? Empty Late to the party

Post  starfnord Fri Oct 28, 2011 10:04 pm

I realize I'm late to the party, but I am also a knitter. I consider myself a slow knitter, but now that I'm starting to list them off, it doesn't seem so. In the 3+ years I've been knitting, I've gotten 3 scarves, 1 hat, a baby blanket, two pairs of socks, and a stuffed monster for my niece.

Also, have any of the Familia knitters heard of Ravelry (www.ravelry.com )? A website devoted to knitting, crocheting and other fibre-y goodness, full of patterns and forums with tons of advice and general chatter. There isn't a specific forum for Star Pirates, but I see that there are a couple of mentions of it.

starfnord

http://www.starpirates.net/profiles.php?id=57969

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum