[FAM] & [GFA] the Familia fleets in SP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Been Frozen

5 posters

Go down

Been Frozen Empty Been Frozen

Post  bombze Mon May 30, 2011 10:39 am

Hey guys,
My account has been frozen! The admin tell me that I've raised flags indicating automation...
I've shared with them the list of add-ons and GM scripts I've installed, but no response in the last few hours. Any advice on how long this freeze could last?

Just worried about my mafia game in the forum going south, without me there.
If anyone can spread the word in the game thread, or in the sb that I've been frozen, that would be great.

I wonder - can I use someone to pass along a PM to one of the game players? He asked for info, I have hte info - but no way to get it to him right now Sad

bombze

http://www.starpirates.net/profiles.php?id=57760

Back to top Go down

Been Frozen Empty Re: Been Frozen

Post  fishboy Thu Jun 02, 2011 11:22 pm

Hey Bombze - did this get sorted out? I've not been on the forum for a few days so this is the first I'd heard. Hope they've managed to distinguish you from a bot... Wink
fishboy
fishboy

http://www.starpirates.net/profiles.php?id=57646

Back to top Go down

Been Frozen Empty Understanding this..

Post  bombze Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:31 am

Thanks Fish.
Yes it took 24 hours or a little more, but they unfroze the account.
However, I now deactivated all the scripts taht made life easier - the lost in space one, the Raid Tracker, HoF tracker..

The mods tell me that any further suspicious activity will result in a ban Sad

Can someone tell me if I'm allowed to use different devices to check SP? At different tmes?
I've used my mac at home, office laptop at work, my kindle while on vacation, and my mobile while traveling....

bombze

http://www.starpirates.net/profiles.php?id=57760

Back to top Go down

Post  Tim Strongitharm Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:38 am

Sorry to hear about this, Bombze.

I've used multiple machines at work, and at home. Even logged in on one machine whilst still logged in on another (though not gone as far as deliberately clicking on both machines at same time, that strikes me as asking for trouble).

Never had a problem.

Only scripts I use are the stat remembering (target tracker) one and the ship picture removing one (and, of course, the [FAM] splat one).

I know someone who got banned when they set firefox to do autorefresh and it did it to SP tabs as well. So don't do that!

Glad you are back now, sorry for not posting sooner, busy time at the moment.

Tim Strongitharm

http://www.starpirates.net/profiles.php?id=35097

Back to top Go down

Post  SannaSK Sat Jun 11, 2011 10:36 am

oh my : x.

For SP, I use my desktop at home, our netbook when I'm in the living room watching tv, and my phone sometimes when i'm at home and it's on our wifi and sometimes when i'm on the go and going through the mobile data plan.

Aside from just not having anything to spare atm, the main reason I'm super-reluctant to spend irl money on this game is the whole "we can ban you and you can't do anything about it" aspect. I understand they need to protect themselves from botters and bad guys, but it really makes me fear for the day that I can't log in, I don't know why, and I have no recourse : x.

Punishment should be for actual sins, not accidents. Glad you're back, bombze.

SannaSK

Back to top Go down

Post  Bridgeburners Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:09 pm

The admins try very hard to only ban when they have proof. I've asked them directly about using multiple machines, and they say that they have ways to track that.

Of course, if you stay up for 4 days straight and use a different machine for the first 12 hours of a day, than the second 12 hours, you are asking for trouble.

Bridgeburners

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum