[FAM] & [GFA] the Familia fleets in SP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Reference: PSA: Finding Items

Go down

Reference: PSA: Finding Items Empty Reference: PSA: Finding Items

Post  Bridgeburners Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:37 pm

Finding Items

A pirate asked me how to aquire items - below is, I believe, the full list, with some comments about each:

1) Hourly Searches - probably more items are found here than anywhere else.
2) Paid Searches - If not hourlies, here is where items are found.
3) Asteroid Belt / Deep Belt - you must take damage to be eligible to find an item.
4) Item Market - Make sure to be in the yard before you make sizable purchases
5) Converting Items - you can convert Rare or better items into NOMs (but this is not recommended - the Item market is always cheaper).
6) Receiving it - Somebody can send you an item. You may have received items from generous pirates when you started playing Star Pirates. This includes unofficial contests that Pirates have from time to time
7) Admin Gifts - Very occasionally, the Admins will give people free stuff. Eggnog was originally distributed like this, and Krambucks were sent to a specific player for distribution.
Cool Official Contests - The Admins will have official contests from time to time, such as the comic strip contest. These are generally paid out in points, but I believe that I've seen them pay out items.
9) Referral Contests - In the past, the winner of the Referral contest has won a NOM'd item. These days, it's months of Noto and points (which is fine - points are great on their own, and are easily converted into items if desired).
10) Reaching Level 70 - You will get an VR, Mark 1 item from the Admins upon reaching level 70.

A rum to anybody who finds another way to acquire items.

Bridgeburners

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum