[FAM] & [GFA] the Familia fleets in SP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

20+ PSA: Missions

Go down

20+ PSA: Missions Empty 20+ PSA: Missions

Post  Bridgeburners Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:32 pm

High Level Comments on Missions

Several people have asked about missions.

I'll start by admitting that I'm not an expert on missions. I suggest considering this an overview, but I won't be getting into details. Pay no attention to the 'Adventurous Pirate' medal on my profile. Very Happy

Note: Although Ascension is technically a mission, I won't be covering Ascension here - it will be the subject of a separate PSA.

From the FAQ:

What are Missions and how do they work?

Missions are interactive stories, written by other players or by the game creators. They are unlocked once you reach level 25 and have a Warship. Once you reach level 40 you can use Mission Control with any class of ship.

There is a cost associated with mission creation: Per Node: 10 points for Encounters, $25,000 per content node.

The full Mission Control tutorial can be found in the AI Advisor (Right side of screen, check your account settings to make sure it is active) on the mission creation pages.

The following bbcodes can be used to personalize your missions:

[ship] (Star Pirates only)
[shipname] (Star Pirates)
[randomweapon] (Star Pirates only)
[user]User ID#[ /user]
[officer]

Mission Overview

Missions are series of Deep Belt encounters that have a storyline to link them together. If you ever read 'Chose Your Own Adventure' books when you were young, it's similar to that. People often do missions for the storyline, with the cargo and experience as a bonus.

Writing Missions

I've never written a mission, so I can't speak about the process required. While you are creating one, however, the AI screen (on the right side of the screen) has step-by-step instructions.

If you have further questions, Duck Quackerman has volunteered to answer any questions you may have.

If you are concerned about the cost of a mission, read the following thread:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] If you qualify, please contact Mr. Awesome. He confirmed today that the DEV Grant Program is still active.

It would be cool to see a Le [FAM]ilia-themed mission. Any volunteers?

Performing Missions

You need to complete a mission to get the experience, cargo and mission points.

If you die before the mission is over, you will not gain anything from the sections of the mission that you have completed.

Mission Points

When you complete a mission, you get mission points based on the number of 'stages' that you complete.

Mission points are used in two areas, the Mission Points Hall of Fame and the Mission Points Treasure Chest, which is used to determine who wins the daily Adventurous Pirate medal.

Note: Due to a problem in the way that the missions were original developed, some of the original players chose to perform a huge number of missions, as can be seen in the Hall of Fame. As such, many players feel that the Missions Hall of Fame is not particularity representative.

I expect that this PSA could be updated - let me know if there's anything else you you would like to know, or any errors or omissions I have made.

Thanks,

Bridgeburners

Bridgeburners

Back to top Go down