[FAM] & [GFA] the Familia fleets in SP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I've been banned

2 posters

Go down

I've been banned Empty I've been banned

Post  Major Neat Guy Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:00 pm

Maybe someone here can help. It was my understanding that you could have a max of two accounts under one computer as I read the Terms of Service. (This to allow more than one person in a household to be able to play the game. However, only one at a time. If you needed more you had to ask for special permission.)

So, when my father came over and I was telling him about the game, (and after reading through the TOS to see if it was okay), we set up an account for him on MY computer. (I gave him the name Homer the Doh.) Over the next couple of days I showed him some of the stuff including having me attack him and a few things that can be done. (Apparently you can't give things to people with the same address as I found out. But in retrospect that only told me that the game knew from the start that we we're on the same computer. Frankly, I was hoping that when he logged on from HIS computer that might change.) Even though he seemed underwhelmed about it all I encouraged him to log in on his computer and play around for a while. I'd try to send him some stuff that might help him. (He never did.)

I looked today to see if he was progressing and maybe I could help him out but it showed him as a banned player. I was unsure as what he could have done to be banned so I gave him a call and found out that he never logged in at home and just has no intentions of playing. (So much for my abilities of persuasion.) So I logged off and tried to log on his account in an attempt to see why he was banned and maybe clear things up or even delete his account. But when I did, the screen went completely white with only the words "BANNED Multiaccounting."

And now that is the only thing that pops up when I try to enter "starpirates.net". I can't even get a page to load that would give me information to contact anyone to address this or even go and look at the TOS to see if I misread it.

So I'm completely out of the loop, and unless someone here can talk to the powers that be to fix this, it looks like I'm a banned player. Major bummer.

-Major Neat Guy-
Major Neat Guy
Major Neat Guy

http://www.starpirates.net/profiles.php?id=57787

Back to top Go down

I've been banned Empty Re: I've been banned

Post  Bridgeburners Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:07 pm

I'll look into this - but no promises.

Bridgeburners

Edit: As of now, you are not banned in the game. Are you still receiving the message?

Bridgeburners

Back to top Go down

Post  Major Neat Guy Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:13 am

What ever you did it worked.

Thank you Bridgeburners! cheers
Major Neat Guy
Major Neat Guy

http://www.starpirates.net/profiles.php?id=57787

Back to top Go down

Post  Bridgeburners Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:50 pm

I didn't do anything.

However, I'd like to say that you handled this very well. If a mistake is made, a calm and reasoned response goes a long way. Admins/CSRs/Mods do a very good job, but they are human. If you respond a with anger, it won't go well - like I said, they are human.

Bridgeburners

Bridgeburners

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum