[FAM] & [GFA] the Familia fleets in SP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

20+ PSA: Raiding Fleeties

Go down

20+ PSA: Raiding Fleeties Empty 20+ PSA: Raiding Fleeties

Post  Bridgeburners Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:26 pm

Some time ago, I had a rather unfortunate day.

Take a gander at this post and then keep reading.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Today's Post is about Raiding [FAM]ilia members.

Some of you may have noticed in the link is that that a couple members of my fleet raided me. One of the leaders of my fleet was online and when he realized what was happening, he booted me from the fleet and raided me silly. Another fleetie was online as well and he did the same.

They returned the cargo when I got back online.

Practice #1 (These aren't rules): Fleet leaders may boot somebody who is offline with a lot of cargo. This isn't a bad thing, but rather an opportunity for the friends of the unfortunate pirates to raid some of the cargo. The leader should also send a Mass Mail alerting all online fleeties to the situation.

But wait, Bridgeburners - I'm not a leader. What do I do?

Well, in this case, I recommend a three step process: Send out a quick MM (Admin Arr-Billy is off-line with 50m!), leave the fleet and raid him silly. When he gets back online, you can return the cargo to him.

Practice #2: Leaving the fleet to raid a fleetie is good style - if you return the cargo. If you don't, expect a bit of awkwardness.

A few notes, tips and tricks:

1) Before you leave the fleet to raid somebody, make sure that they are in a location that you can reach.
2) Officers and Fleet Taxes (10% + the tax rate of the fleet) will cut into the amount that you will net from any raid. This is the way the game works, and the victim should be happy to get the 80% or so of what you raided back.
3) If you haven't raided anybody else today, the Raiding Treasure Chest:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

is an excellent way to identify the net amount that you raided. The victim will have know the gross you took, but the net (that is, after the vig takes a bit of calculations.

4) This is the only type of raiding that doesn't require a cloak, though some would probably use one out of habit.

Please let me know if you have any questions,

Bridgeburners

Bridgeburners

Back to top Go down