[FAM] & [GFA] the Familia fleets in SP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10+ PSA: Making Money

Go down

10+ PSA: Making Money Empty 10+ PSA: Making Money

Post  Bridgeburners Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:34 pm

Making Money

I've been asked how to make money in Star Pirates.

I've tried to put together a comprehensive list, and have identified the methods that may be particularly effective at lower levels.

1) Hourly Searches: The more hourly searches you do, the more likely you are to find something interesting. You will often find very common and common items, with Duct Tape likely your biggest source of revenue. (Key for New Pirates)

2) Paid Searches: For 5 points, you can search again. You can find NOMs on paid searches. (I do not recommend paid searches at low levels (under level 30, at a minimum)).

3) Salvage Forays: A low risk, low reward method to get money and experience. Bigger forays have a better return. (Key for New Pirates)

4) Asteroid Belt Runs: A medium risk, medium reward method to get money and experience. You may find an item if you take damage from a battle. For new pirates, the cost of Asteroid Belt Runs are reduced. (Key for New Pirates)

5) Deep Belt Run: A high risk, high reward method to get money and experience. You may find an item if you take damage from a battle. (Only available for level 25 and higher)

6) Slot Machine: Always play the slot machine every day. (Key for New Pirates)

7) Stock Market: A slow and unpredictable method for making money. Make sure you buy low. (Somewhat useful for new pirates)

Cool Mining: Always chose the best mining job. Keep in mind the stats requirements for upcoming mining jobs. (Important for new pirates)

9) Rescues: Rather erratic, but a very nice return in cargo and (especially) experience if you rescue somebody big (Nice-to-have for new pirates).

10) Gambling: 50/50, Asteroids, Shields and Lasers and Lottery: I do not recommend gambling. You may win for a while, but you are not going to win forever. Las Vegas was build with the money that gamblers lost, after all. (Avoid).

If you have any comments, please let me know.

Thanks,

Bridgeburners

Bridgeburners

Back to top Go down