[FAM] & [GFA] the Familia fleets in SP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Raiding (offline)

3 posters

Go down

Raiding (offline) Empty Raiding (offline)

Post  camelama Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:58 pm

So. I see a pirate who is offline and has yummy cargo left on their ship. It's considered fair game to raid, right?

Because I've been raiding such folks. And then every time I get back online, the person I've raided has raided me multiple times (getting zero $, of course, because I tuck every single penny into the bank ASAP!).

Am I not doing this right? I mean, yeah, ya lost money, but ya know how to fix that too! So why get upset with the person who raided you? I left money in my hold ONCE and learned my lesson! Smile Yet these people do it over and over and over again, always leaving money, so I raid 'em, and I come back to find them having slammed me 10 or more times (for 0$).

Is it just "grrr! I was raided!" annoyance, or am I doing this wrong?
camelama
camelama

Back to top Go down

Raiding (offline) Empty Re: Raiding (offline)

Post  oomatter Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:48 pm

Usually the folks I raid do their best to put me in the SY. Sometimes multiple times. If people leave cargo out, online or offline, it's fair game IMHO. I just usually make sure it's enough cargo to be worth the hassle. I don't think I've ever had someone try to raid me back, but if they're too small to beat you it might happen.

oomatter

http://www.starpirates.net/profiles.php?id=57493

Back to top Go down

Post  camelama Mon Apr 11, 2011 10:58 pm

They're usually very high level people that I raid. So it cracks me up to come back online and see them having offline raided me for zero dollars. Really? Your points are best spent smacking a low level around a few times for having caught you with pennies in yer pocket?! Hee hee hee. Very Happy
camelama
camelama

Back to top Go down

Post  Bridgeburners Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:23 am

It's all good.

My rule of thumb is when you are raiding somebody, don't bother unless you can get enough to buy a few regenabot summoners. Some pirate will yard you in response - it's not productive to get yarded three or four times for a 10k raid.

Of course, the other element here is that if you are only making a few thousand cargo on a raid, it's probably better to spend your fuel on the Asteroid or Deep belt.

BTW - If you catch me with cargo in my hold, I won't yard you. I might, however, send you lots of cargo when you are off-line. Smile

Bridgeburners

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down