[FAM] & [GFA] the Familia fleets in SP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

10+ Build Assessment: Small Pirate

2 posters

Go down

10+ Build Assessment: Small Pirate Empty 10+ Build Assessment: Small Pirate

Post  Bridgeburners Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:16 am

Another Build Assessment - this time for a younger pirate

Weapons 42.78 +60%
Shields 42.14 +70%
Engines 39.89 +59%

There's nothing wrong with a balanced build. If you play regularly, you will probably be getting research results of 10+ each time with a couple of months - there will be plenty of time to specialize later.

Malfunction +5%
Damage Modifier +1
Surprise Damage +19
Surprise Chance +8%
Hull Points +185
Install Slots 0/6

As has been mentioned before, armour is very important at this stage. Damage Modifier is also important, as it will give you +1 damage when you are in a long battle (that is, where both of the pirates have lower weapons than the other has shields).

Installed Gear:
Class V Drive Unit - [x1]
Class VII Energy Shield - [x1]
Fusion Blaster Array - [x1]
Heavy Armor - [x1]
Neutron Emitter Array - [x1]
Xeortrium Armor - LOANED

I don't think a second armour is necessary - I'd replace it with a Fusion Blaster Array (borrow one from the armory). The Neutron Emitter Array can also be replaced by a loaned Graviton Beam.

In my inventory is:
1 Class V Energy Shield Uncommon [Sell] [Market] [Send]
1 Ion Pulse Heavy Cannon Uncommon [Sell] [Market] [Send]
1 Class III Drive Unit Common [Sell] [Market] [Send]
1 Class III Energy Shield Common [Sell] [Market] [Send]
1 Laser Beam

Don't worry - your inventory will grow as you do more searches. I'd recommend buying (or borrowing) a few more Class V Drives to give your engines a boost.

I'd also recommend having some Fusion Beams. Equipping Armor is great when you don't know what you are fighting, but once you have a farm list (a list of pirates that you know you can beat - often inactive pirates), having higher weapons is generally a better idea than having amour. The goal of farming (repeatedly killing pirates for experience) is to kill without getting hurt. A Fusion Beam (or preferably, a Fusion Blaster Array) gives you a boost to weapons and engines with no drawback.

Bridgeburners

Back to top Go down

10+ Build Assessment: Small Pirate Empty This was me

Post  bombze Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:58 am

This was me, a few weeks ago Smile
Thanks for putting it up here, Bridge! I love you

bombze

http://www.starpirates.net/profiles.php?id=57760

Back to top Go down