[FAM] & [GFA] the Familia fleets in SP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

30+ PSA: Combat Recap: Improbable Victory

Go down

30+ PSA: Combat Recap: Improbable Victory Empty 30+ PSA: Combat Recap: Improbable Victory

Post  Bridgeburners Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:26 pm

Today's PSA shows the power of enemy malfunction and surprise.

Friendly Pirate Level: 47 Hull Points: 870
Weapons: 107,402 Defense: 2,000 Engines: 33,401
Max. Damage: 14
vs.
Worthy Opponent Level: XX Hull Points: 141
Weapons: 537,558 Defense: 541,200 Engines: 22,157
Max. Damage: 535,559

It doesn't look good for the friendly pirate. Sometimes a very low engines total is evidence of a bunch of OALBs being installed, but in this case it's just a solid Juggernaut build.

The low hull points of the Worthy Opponent will be crucial.

Friendly Pirate superior engines bonus: +90 Hull Points.

SUCCEED: Surprise Attack! (Chance: 90%)
First attack damage bonus: + 62! (Maximum Possible: 141)
Target's Weapons Malfunction Chance increased by 13% to 56%!

Without a successful surprise attack, this would be over really quickly. That being said, a really good surprise hit would have killed the Worthy opponent outright - a maximum of 141 surprise damage is the same as the Worthy Opponent's current hull. Sometimes Juggernauts are really easy to MK.

Our friendly pirate had a fair bit of enemy malfunction gear - with the 13% extra, that's a very solid 56% enemy malfunction.

[quote]CRITICAL (+7 ) HIT: Exact Firing Protocol,4 Phaser Emitter - Mk I,Phaser Emitter - Mk II,2 Phaser Emitter Array,4 Phaser Emitter Array - Mk II does 79 to Worthy Opponent (62 HP remaining)
[

A touch of critical damage further improves the hit (62 surprise damage, 7 critical and 10 base damage) to take over half the Worthy Opponent's hull.

However, one hit will be all it takes for the Worthy Opponent to win the battle.

[quote]FAIL: Worthy Opponent Weapons Malfunction! (Chance of occurrence is 56%)
HIT: Exact Firing Protocol,4 Phaser Emitter - Mk I,Phaser Emitter - Mk II,2 Phaser Emitter Array,4 Phaser Emitter Array - Mk II does 6 to Worthy Opponent (56 HP remaining)
FAIL: Worthy Opponent Weapons Malfunction! (Chance of occurrence is 56%)
HIT: Exact Firing Protocol,4 Phaser Emitter - Mk I,Phaser Emitter - Mk II,2 Phaser Emitter Array,4 Phaser Emitter Array - Mk II does 13 to Worthy Opponent (43 HP remaining)
HIT: Exact Firing Protocol,4 Phaser Emitter - Mk I,Phaser Emitter - Mk II,2 Phaser Emitter Array,4 Phaser Emitter Array - Mk II does 12 to Worthy Opponent (31 HP remaining)
FAIL: Weapons cause 14 to Worthy Opponent(17 HP remaining)

When I said that 'one hit will be all it takes', I should have clarified that the Worthy Opponent had to not hit himself.

CRITICAL (+22 ) HIT: Exact Firing Protocol,4 Phaser Emitter - Mk I,Phaser Emitter - Mk II,2 Phaser Emitter Array,4 Phaser Emitter Array - Mk II does 33 to Worthy Opponent (-16 HP remaining)

Victory! It turns out that the 14 malfunction damage didn't have an impact. Minus 2 damage is still dead.

The combination of critical damage, surprise damage and enemy malfunction powered Friendly Pirate to an improbable victory. See the Characteristic Review PSA for the additional information on these.

I consider this a victory by the narrowest of margins, and don't suggest that the Worthy Opponent would make a good addition to the Friendly Pirate's farm list.

Bridgeburners

Back to top Go down