[FAM] & [GFA] the Familia fleets in SP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

30+ PSA: Combat Recap - Rogue on Rogue with Malfunction

Go down

30+ PSA: Combat Recap - Rogue on Rogue with Malfunction Empty 30+ PSA: Combat Recap - Rogue on Rogue with Malfunction

Post  Bridgeburners Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:44 pm

Chain of Dogs Level: 30 Hull Points: 790
Weapons: 2,422 Defense: 120 Engines: 1,725
Max. Damage: 191
vs.
XXX Level: 27 Hull Points: 873
Weapons: 785 Defense: 2,231 Engines: 52
Max. Damage: 670

Well, this isn't good. My opponent hits for over three times more than I do, and has more hull.

Note that I have more overall stats than my opponent, by over 1,000 points.

Bridgeburners superior engines bonus: +90 Hull Points.

SUCCEED: Surprise Attack! (Chance: 90%)
First attack damage bonus: + 35! (Maximum Possible: 139)
Target's Weapons Malfunction Chance increased by 24% to 49%!

Do you see the key point? My first hit isn't going to be as good as I hoped (getting +120 would have helped), but the increase in malfunction can be very helpful.

HIT: Black Hole Generator,2 Fusion Blaster Array,Graviton Beam Array,Phaser Emitter does 173 to XXX (700 HP remaining)
FAIL: XXX Weapons Malfunction! (Chance of occurrence is 49%)
HIT: Black Hole Generator,2 Fusion Blaster Array,Graviton Beam Array,Phaser Emitter does 87 to XXX (613 HP remaining)
HIT: Black Hole Generator,2 Fusion Blaster Array,Graviton Beam Array,Phaser Emitter does 79 to XXX (534 HP remaining)
HIT: Overamped Laser Battery does 39 to [TPR] Bridgeburners? (841 HP remaining)
HIT: Black Hole Generator,2 Fusion Blaster Array,Graviton Beam Array,Phaser Emitter does 183 to XXX (351 HP remaining)
HIT: Black Hole Generator,2 Fusion Blaster Array,Graviton Beam Array,Phaser Emitter does 40 to XXX (311 HP remaining)
HIT: Black Hole Generator,2 Fusion Blaster Array,Graviton Beam Array,Phaser Emitter does 100 to XXX (211 HP remaining)
HIT: Black Hole Generator,2 Fusion Blaster Array,Graviton Beam Array,Phaser Emitter does 73 to XXX (138 HP remaining)
HIT: Black Hole Generator,2 Fusion Blaster Array,Graviton Beam Array,Phaser Emitter does 99 to XXX (39 HP remaining)
HIT: Overamped Laser Battery does 416 to [TPR] Bridgeburners? (425 HP remaining)
HIT: Black Hole Generator,2 Fusion Blaster Array,Graviton Beam Array,Phaser Emitter does 167 to XXX (-128 HP remaining)

Six malfunctions in eight attacks is high, but with a small sample size, it's not really noteworthy.

What's noteworthy is that I won. I certainly didn't expect to, and probably would lose a large percentage of the time.

However, the point here is that the increase of enemy malfunction can be quite severe, and I'm not running any items that do that. There are builds that allow for +100 enemy malfunction - though you won't be running into these any time soon.

Alert
You seriously damaged XXX
434 exp was earned.
Your crew raided and $0 of cargo was taken from XXX

Bridgeburners

Back to top Go down